Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dracula online comic

I did say I would be checking out every version of Dracula. There's no getting out of it. I'm going to have to read the Mills & Boon Dracula books sooner or later. In the meantime...

I have found an online comic adaptation of the novel. It's well drawn and from what I've read so far, seems to be a very faithful adaptation. It's also a furry adaptation - meaning that the characters are all drawn as anthropomorphic animals. This is not one of my favourite things.

So far it's up to Chapter 10. Van Helsing has arrived to do what he can for Lucy. As far as I can tell it's taken six years to get this far, so at this rate it won't be finished until about 2017.

I now find myself wishing that there was a Muppet Dracula movie, probably starring Count von Count as Dracula, Kermit as Jonathan Harker, Piggy as Mina, Janice as Lucy, Gonzo as Renfield, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew as Dr. Seward, Fozzie Bear as Arthur Holmwood, Lew Zealand as Quincey Morris, and of course the Swedish Chef as Van Helsing.




No comments:

Post a Comment